Marketing & Community Coordinator
Position: Marketing & Community Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Volunteers
Location: 610 4th Street, San Rafael, CA
Hours: Flexible 32-40 hours per week
Compensation: $41,600-$52,000/year ($20-25/hour) depending on experience
Overview of Trips for Kids Marin:
Trips for Kids Marin (TFKM) is a nonprofit dedicated to “providing transformative cycling experiences for underserved youth.” TFKM was founded in 1988 and has opened the world of cycling to thousands of children. We aim to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles, and instill environmental values through our bike-based programs. Additionally, we operate the Recyclery bike shop where we refurbish bikes to resell to our community at affordable prices.
About the Role:
The Community Coordinator role is a critical outward-facing position focused on engaging the community with the mission and work of TFKM. The Community Coordinator will be a key player in our development team and will hold the strategy and execution of external messaging and community engagement.
The position is focused on three key areas including: communications/marketing (50%), volunteer development (25%), event coordination (25%).Primary Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
● Create and develop the communications and marketing calendar and strategy, including
collaborating with staff to support programs, outreach, and fundraising goals.
● Manage and create content for all communication channels such as TFKM’s website, donor
letters, and social media.
● Track, measure, analyze communications trends. Complete reports as needed.
Volunteer Development (25%)
● Develop and engage robust volunteer team of individuals, existing community partners, and new corporate volunteers. On-site volunteer oversight as needed.
● Coordinate between volunteers and program staff.
● Track and document volunteer information.
Event Coordination (25%)
● Co-create event strategy with Development team to maximize impact.
● Oversee logistics, planning, and coordination of fundraising and volunteer appreciation events.
● Track, document, and evaluate event information.
● Represent TFKM at partnering organizations’ events.
● Minimum of two years relevant experience
● Strong writing and editing skills
● Demonstrated graphic understanding and experience with graphic tools
● Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
● Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities
● Exceptional organization and attention to detail
● An excitement to share the TFKM mission
● Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in a related field
● Bilingual in English and Spanish
● Non-profit and/or educational program experience
● Experience creating and maintaining websites
● Experience with Salesforce, Adobe Illustrator/Suite, iContact, Flipcause
● Passion for bicycling
This position has some flexibility and can accommodate 32-40 hours per week. Please note that approximately 10-15 weekend days per year and approximately 10-15 evenings per year are required as part of this role.
$20-25/hour, depending on experience. Additionally, TFKM offers health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Please include “Marketing & Community Coordinator” in the subject of your email. Applications accepted until the position is filled, however, the priority deadline is February 18, 2020. Applications will be reviewed when they are received and interviews will be set up with qualified individuals.
Trips for Kids Marin values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all backgrounds, abilities, cultures, orientations, identities, and communities.