ABOUT TRIPS FOR KIDS MARIN
Trips for Kids Marin’s mission is to provide transformative cycling experiences for underserved youth. Our programs aim to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles and instill environmental values through mountain bike rides, mechanical skills training and environmental education.
Our Marin chapter was founded in 1988 and serves about 2,000 youth throughout the San Francisco Bay Area each year, working with up to 100 local agencies and organizations. Our most popular youth activity is our Trail Rides, which are supplemented by our Earn-A-Bike and Mobile Bike workshops. In addition, we run the Re-Cyclery Bike Shop which accepts donated bikes, parts and clothing for resale at low cost to the community, and keeps thousands of usable products out of the landfill each year.
Trips for Kids Marin was the original headquarters for our national chapter network, and has been the model on which over 75 chapters nationwide have been based since 1994. Our chapters have been continuously providing lessons in self-confidence, environmental awareness and healthy habits to tens of thousands of youth through the simple act of having fun on bicycles.
2018 is TFKM’s 30th anniversary, and we are in the midst of implementing our spring sponsor outreach and planning for our summer/fall celebrations. This is a great time to join our team and step into managing a well-designed plan of fundraising activities and campaigns, donor cultivation processes, and established community volunteer partnerships. Our work environment also encourages innovation and creativity. We’ve laid great new groundwork to build a thriving donor program and seek that special someone who will try new things and retain what works with our donors. If you are energized by connecting with people, growing support for an incredible cause, meeting fundraising goals and trend analysis, we want to hear from you!
The Development Coordinator primarily provides leadership to the organization’s strategic efforts to obtain financial and other support to sustain its work. S/he helps formulate and implement strategies to build Trips for Kids Marin’s assets and meet the organization’s annual fundraising objectives.
The position secondarily provides pro-active outreach to support and grow TFKM’s supporters, volunteer capacity, event implementation and agency relationships. The Coordinator manages the promotion and fulfillment of all TFKM volunteer opportunities throughout the organization. This professional also assists with logistical and volunteer coordination of TFKM public events.
This full-time position reports to our Executive Director and works closely with the Board, staff and TFKM supporters to meet revenue generation goals. This person coordinates directly with our program staff, volunteers and community partners to ensure the highest quality volunteer and partnership experiences.
Experience required includes 2-3 years of volunteer management; exceptional database management; attention to detail; professional phone etiquette; friendly demeanor; familiarity with Salesforce, Google Calendar, Asana and the Microsoft Office Suite of programs. The ideal candidate will be service-oriented, highly organized, results driven, and love working with people. The ideal candidate has strong ties to the Marin community.
FUNDRAISING & DONOR DEVELOPMENT (60%)
- Lead Trips for Kids Marin’s fundraising development efforts across a variety of platforms.
- Refine the Development Plan annually, per the organization’s needs and resources.
- Design and implement activities to fulfill the annual fundraising goals of the Development Plan.
- Oversee and expand a diverse and sustainable Major Donor program, working with an integrated team that includes the Executive Director, Board, staff, and supporters to:
- strategize to increase level, diversity, and recurrence of donations
- cultivate increased giving from current donors
- identify, track, and solicit new donors
- build and maintain relationships with donors
- manage cultivation, acknowledgment and retention activities
- help build Board capacity to fundraise
- Increase web-based and social media giving.
- Create and manage annual fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and implement corporate sponsorships for programs and events.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to integrate development into Bay Area promotions, and enhance the clarity and consistency of our messaging in online communications and all outbound materials.
- Manage major fundraising events.
- Take ownership of all Salesforce development data and provide regular reporting:
- Measure and track progress against fundraising goals
- Accurate and timely reporting of donor campaign and event fundraising
- Bi-monthly progress reports for the Board
- End-of-year funding reports for Form 990 and Annual Report
- Support budgeting process with fundraising projections
VOLUNTEER COORDINATION (20%)
- Volunteer opportunities coordination with community partners
- Volunteer interest inquiry processing, calls, activity scheduling, confirmations, follow up
- Volunteer needs coordination with program staff
- Volunteers recruitment, scheduling, and support
- Community Service Volunteers liaison
- On-site volunteer oversight
EVENT COORDINATION (20%)
- Partner collaboration coordination
- Event logistics coordination
- In-kind service/product donations solicitation and tracking
- Event volunteers recruitment, scheduling, and support
- Event registration coordination, as relevant
The Development Coordinator is a full-time position with competitive benefits package, located in Trips for Kids Marin’s 610 4th Street, San Rafael office. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Provide resume, thoughtful cover letter and fundraising campaign samples to:
Kim Baenisch, Executive Director
No phone calls will be accepted.