Re-Cyclery Bike Shop Mechanic
Trips for Kids has an immediate opening for a full-time bike mechanic to join our team at the San Rafael Re-Cyclery Bike Shop!
Are you a bike enthusiast with stellar mechanical skills? Do you enjoy working with fun, supportive, positive people? Does the idea of working in a retail bike shop that positively impacts the community and directly helps get more kids on bikes sound great to you? If variety brings spice to your life, versatility is your middle name and you answered yes to all of the above questions – then this could be the job for you and we would LOVE to chat!
TFK bike mechanics play a very important role in the Re-Cyclery bike shop, and our team. We are seeking qualified candidates with exceptional mechanical skills to refurbish used bikes, support our sales, be a bike and parts resource to our varied customer base and help maintain the order and selection of our merchandise.
- Re-condition donated bikes and parts to safe, saleable condition
- Merchandise bikes, parts and accessories to maximize presentation, accessibility, and sales
- Assist customers in finding appropriate bikes, parts, gear, and accessories
- Process donated items (sorting, pricing, tax deduction receipts)
- Identify and strip bikes to be junked or salvaged for parts (not an easy task)
- Maintain all work and display areas to be organized, clean and safe to access
- Must be friendly, approachable, and customer oriented
- Possesses knowledge of bicycle components (know what is compatible & what is not, etc.)
- Able to multitask on multiple levels
- Any additional tasks that ensure excellent customer service and outstanding value
Bike Shop Mechanics report to the Re-Cyclery Shop Manager and work as a team to meet Trips for Kid’s annual shop revenue generation goals.
Hours and Pay:
The bike mechanic is a full-time, 40 hours/week position with competitive pay and benefits. A typical work day is from 10 AM to 6 PM during the week and 9 AM to 4 or 5 PM on the weekend.
How to Apply:
Please submit a detailed cover letter that explains your relevant experience for this position, a resume, and 2-3 work references to the Re-Cyclery Shop Manager at email@example.com. Include “Bike Shop Mechanic” in the subject of your email. No phone calls.