Re-Cyclery Shop Sales Associate
Position: Sales/Customer Service Associate
Department: Re-Cyclery, Trips for Kids Marin (TFKM)
Location: Re-Cyclery Bike Shop, 610 4th Street, San Rafeal, CA
Hours: Part-time, Saturday and Sunday (potential to increase to full time)
Compensation: $12-17 depending on experience
Overview of Trips for Kids Marin
Trips for Kids Marin (TFKM) is a nonprofit dedicated to “providing transformative cycling experiences for underserved youth”. TFKM was founded in 1988 and has opened the world of cycling to thousands of children. We aim to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles, and instill environmental values through our trail rides, Earn-a-Bike, and Community programs.
The Re-Cyclery bike shop is an important part of TFKM. It is a unique, community-based enterprise that recycles, refurbishes and resells donated bikes and bike parts. At the Re-Cyclery, we give back to the community by keeping bikes out of landfills and providing the Bay Area’s cycling community with the best bargains for environmentally friendly transportation and recreation. The Re-Cyclery is a crucial part of the organization and helps raise funds as well as awareness about our mission and youth programs.
About the Role:
The sales and customer service role engages with TFKM’s diverse customer base. This position is ideal for someone who loves sales, learns quickly, enjoys developing solutions from a wide variety of options, works tactfully and professionally with all customers, and wants to help people new to bicycling. We are seeking a professional, enthusiastic, and friendly individual with exceptional customer service skills and a positive attitude. While prior bike retail experience is not mandatory, candidates must be willing and excited to learn about bicycles, cycling accessories, and cycling culture. The right candidate will be excited to work with a team and to serve as an ambassador to our TFKM mission.
– Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful service to a diverse customer base
– Provide engaging, upbeat customer interaction
– Complete assignments and projects to meet our high quality standards
– Assist in the shop’s daily operations, including inventory management, restocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising
– Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers
– Direct customers through entire sales process
– Build and maintain relationships with customers
– Complete daily housekeeping and admin tasks
– Share TFKM’s mission and programs with customers
The ideal candidate:
– Commitment to exceptional customer service
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
– Ability to communicate professionally with customers and coworkers
– Eye for detail and strong follow through
– Ability to multitask and problem solve
– Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
– Desire to become a “product expert,” knowledgeable about our bikes and unique, quality accessories
– Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs and priorities
– Excited to support and engage with our TFKM mission
– Capable of safely lifting and carrying 40 pounds on a regular basis
Hours and Pay:
The sales and customer service position is a part-time weekend position (Saturday and Sunday required). Pay ranges from $12-17/hour depending on experience. Potential to expand into full-time with benefits depending on performance.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter that explains your relevant experience for this position, a resume, and 2-3 professional work references to the Re-Cyclery Shop Manager at email@example.com. Please include “Bike Shop Sales” in the subject of your email.
Trips for Kids Marin values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all backgrounds, abilities, cultures, orientations, identities, and communities.
– Previous sales experience
– Knowledge and experience with differing styles of bicycles and bicycle accessories
– Spanish speaker a plus