ABOUT TRIPS FOR KIDS MARIN
Trips for Kids Marin’s mission is to provide transformative cycling experiences for underserved youth. Our programs aim to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles and instill environmental values through mountain bike rides, mechanical skills training, and outdoor education. Since 1988 we have provided lessons in self-confidence, environmental awareness, and healthy habits to tens of thousands of youth through the simple act of having fun on bicycles.
Our Marin chapter in San Rafael, CA, primarily serves underserved youth throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, working with local agencies and organizations. Our youth programs include Trail Rides, Earn-a-Bike, and Mobile Bike workshops, and our Re-Cyclery Bike Shop sells low cost refurbished bicycles and donated parts, tools, accessories, and clothing.
Our 20-person Bay Area team is passionate about biking and youth, is a close-knit group of environmentally like-minded people and maintains high standards of program implementation and Re-Cyclery bike shop donations and customer service. If you are looking for a positive, high-energy, professional and fun place to work – this job might be for you!
TFK Marin’s full-time Office Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining efficient and highly effective administrative systems in a welcoming atmosphere for our staff, Directors, and supporters. The role has ownership of the internal processes that keep TFK Marin running smoothly on a day to day basis and regularly problem solves to support the staff. This multi-dimensional position primarily supports the Executive Director and assists the Development Coordinator and Program Managers to a lesser degree.
Office Management & Administration
- Salesforce data entry and tracking of:
- Cash and in-kind donations
- Monthly program participant stats
- Prospect donors and volunteers contact info
- Salesforce report production, as needed
- Office supplies ordering, misc purchases, and invoice expense coding
- Equipment/supplies comparative research and purchase coordination
- Contractor coordination: People 1st, exterminator, electrical, plumbing…
- Subscription systems coordination: Comcast, RingCentral, AT&T, Form Assembly…
- Mailing projects (printing, labels, compilation coordination)
- Board meeting program dashboard updates
- Staff meeting logistics coordination
- Annual non-profit insurance policies renewal
- Signage creation and lamination
- Printing and copying projects
- Various programmatic support as needed
- Weekly cash deposits and change procurement
- Bi-monthly payroll review, edits, reports; entry issues resolution for ED approval
- Monthly bills/invoices payment approvals; issues resolution for ED approval
- Monthly credit card receipts tracking
- Monthly donation report summaries
- Staff reimbursement forms completion and expense coding
- Annual Form 990 reports coordination
- Employee hiring:
- Job postings
- Resumes review and interview scheduling
- Job offer letters assistance
- Employee packets coordination/completion
- Kaiser insurance set up/termination, staff questions
- Auto insurance and driver license verification
- First Aid/CPR test coordination and verification
- Livescan paperwork and verification
- Phone extension, email, Google Suite, computer set up
- Part-time employees CA sick time eligibility tracking and set up
- Employee handbook questions and updates coordination
- 403b employee participation coordination
- Donation entries in Salesforce
- Donation thank you processing
- Online giving tracking and reports
- End of year donor verification and updates, campaign assistance
- Editing, formatting, layout assistance of presentation materials
- Fundraising event coordination assistance
- Development staff project assistance as needed
Candidate must have proven team management experience, strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational, writing and computer skills. Ability to maintain a positive demeanor and flexibility within a dynamic environment is key. The role includes daily Salesforce database entries and reports management, date-driven monthly accounting support reports, and occasional technology network management. The position calls for a fast learner who is able to manage multiple tasks independently with strong attention to detail. Self-management and taking ownership of projects to complete them on time is a must.
- 2-3 years of office management or executive assistance
- Human Resource or staff management experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite programs mastery
- Salesforce database management and reports fluency
- Computer newtwork management
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Independent research capabilities
- A sense of humor
- A love of systems!
The Office Manager is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, located in TFK Marin’s San Rafael office. $20-$25/hour, depending on experience. We offer salary, health insurance, 403(b) plan, and paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Provide resume, cover letter and professional references to Kim Baenisch, Executive Director.
No phone calls accepted.