The Development Coordinator primarily leads the organization’s strategic efforts to obtain financial and other support to sustain its work. S/he helps formulate and implement strategies to build Trips for Kids’ assets and meet the organization’s annual fundraising objectives.
The position secondarily provides proactive outreach to maintain and grow TFK’s supporters, volunteer capacity, events and agency relationships.
This full time position reports to the TFK Executive Director and works closely with the Board, staff and TFK supporters to meet revenue generation goals. The Development Coordinator coordinates directly with our program staff, volunteers and community partners to ensure high quality volunteer and partnership experiences.
Fundraising & Donor Development (60%)
• Lead TFK’s fundraising development efforts across a variety of platforms.
• Implement activities to fulfill TFK’s annual fundraising goals of the Development Plan.
• Oversee and expand a diverse and sustainable TFK Major Donor program, working with an integrated team that includes the Executive Director, Board, staff, and TFK supporters to:
• Strategize to increase level and diversity of donations
• Cultivate increased giving from current donors
• Identify, track, and solicit new donors
• Build and maintain relationships with donors
• Manage cultivation, acknowledgement and retention activities
• Help build Board capacity to fundraise
• Increase web-based and social media giving.
• Create and manage annual fundraising appeals.
• Work closely with TFK communications staff to integrate development into TFK’s Bay Area and national promotions, and enhance the clarity and consistency of our messaging in online communications and all outbound materials.
• Manage major fundraising events.
• Take ownership of all Salesforce development data and provide regular reporting:
• Measure and track progress against fundraising goals
• Accurate and timely reporting of donor campaign and event fundraising
• Bi-monthly progress reports for TFK Board
• End-of-year funding reports for Form 990 and Annual Report
Volunteer Coordination (20%)
• Volunteer interest inquiry processing, calls, activity scheduling, confirmations, follow up
• Program volunteer needs coordination with program staff
• Volunteers recruitment, scheduling and support
• Community Service Volunteers liaison
• On-site volunteer oversight
Event Coordination (10%)
• Event participation registration
• Partner collaboration coordination
• Logistics and tabling supplies coord
• In-kind donations solicitation assistance and data entry
• Event volunteers recruitment, scheduling and support
Agency Outreach (10%)
• Agency re-activation outreach for Trail Rides program
• New agency research and outreach for Trail Rides and Mobile Workshops growth
• 2-3 years of volunteer management or sales experience
• Development experience a big plus
• Exceptional database management and attention to detail
• Professional phone etiquette and friendly demeanor
• Familiarity with Google Calendar, Microsoft Office programs and database management
• The ideal candidate will be service oriented, highly organized, results driven, and love working with people.
The position is full time with competitive benefits package, located in TFK’s office at 610 Fourth Street, San Rafael. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Kim Baenisch, Trips for Kids Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.